Pancha Mahapurusha yogas are 1. Ruchaka yoga 2. Bhadra yoga 3. Hamsa yoga 4. Maalavya yoga and 5. Sasa yoga
1. Ruchaka yoga: This yoga is caused by Mars. The person with Ruchaka yoga will be brave, courageous, proud and like a commander in chief (army). The person will be connected to military, police or defense departments. He is long lived.
2. Bhadra yoga: This yoga is caused by Mercury. The person with Bhadra yoga will be intelligent, educated, praise worthy, good speech, good writer, long lived and rich.
3. Hamsa yoga: This yoga is caused by Jupiter. The person with this yoga will be smart and handsome, charitable, religious and good at heart.
4. Maalavya yoga: This yoga is caused by Venus. The person with this yoga will be rich, fortunate, will have wife and children, endowed with vehicles and luxuries, good body and ambitious.
5. Sasa yoga: This yoga is caused by Saturn. The person with this yoga will be strong, endowed with servants, village head, bad character and may enjoy or steal others wealth.
In any chart, if a person has one yoga then he/she will be fortunate, if with two yogas then he/she will be equal to king, if with three yogas then he/she will be king, if with four yogas then he/she will be equal to emperor, Normally, five yogas will not form in the chart.
Mere presence of yogas in the birth chart does not guarantee the results. The yoga formed should be not be afflicted and should not be aspected by malefic planets. The result will be fructified in the favourable Dasa periods, if the above said planet is in full strength and positive.
Back to Vedic Astrology